Entrust Music & Performing Arts Service (formerly Staffordshire Performing Arts)
Brass Instrumental Teacher
2013 – Present
- Delivering one-to-one tuition with Brass students at Primary and Secondary schools
- Delivering whole-class teaching at Primary schools (K2M scheme). Schools in the Tamworth / Lichfield / Burton upon Trent area have included: Amington Heath Primary School, Erasmus Darwin Academy, Florendine Primary School, Landau Forte Academy QEMS (A Specialist Music College), Millfield County Primary School, St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Two Gates Community Primary School, The Rawlett School (An AET Academy), William Shrewsbury Primary School, The Woodlands Community Primary School.
- Conducting regional ensembles.
Private Instrumental Tutor, Musical Director, Freelance Musician
2002 – Present
- Tutoring brass and piano pupils of all abilities and ages; accompanying ABRSM Music examinations.
- Conducting and leading rehearsals (vocal and ensemble); arranging all types of music for groups such as show orchestras, brass bands and function bands; being hired to organise musicians and perform at functions.
- Performing in a variety of ensembles; leading theory workshops.
Birmingham City University
- 2013 – 2014 Pending P.G.C.E. qualification: Secondary Music.
University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- 2009 – 2012 Graduated with a 2:1 class Bachelor of Arts degree with honours in Music, majoring in trumpet performance (and achieving a 1st class result in Conducting).
- 2012 – Present Newmount Brass: Principal Cornet
- 2002 – Present Melbourne Charity Brass: Raising in the region of £5,000 each Christmas
- 2006 – 2009 Derwent Brass: Championship Section brass band
- 2000 – 2006 Melbourne Town Band: Assistant Principal, Soprano Cornet
- 2009 – Present Little Theatre Company: Brassed Off (M.D.), Hi-De-Hi! (M.D.), The Rise and Fall of Little Voice (M.D.), Piaf (M.D.)
- 2009 – 2012 Newcastle University Gilbert and Sullivan Society: H.M.S. Pinafore, The Grand Duke
- 2009 Newcastle University Theatre Society: Fame!
- 2006 – 2009 The Mellow Dramatics: Guys & Dolls, Mikado, Hello Dolly, Return to the Forbidden Planet, Kiss Me Kate
- 2005 – 2009 Tamworth Arts Society: Guys & Dolls, Anything Goes, The Wizard of Oz, Oklahoma!, and compilation shows
- 2004 – 2008 Studio 6 Productions: 007 and themed evenings, various big band and charity events
- 2004 – 2006 The New Era Light Company: Pink Champagne, Oklahoma, South Pacific, Music Man
- 2009 – 2012 Newcastle University Symphony Orchestra: Symphony No. 1 (Sibelius), Swan Lake (Tchaikovsky), Capriccio Espagnol (Rimsky-Korsakov), Night on Bald Mountain (Mussorgsky), Dream of Gerontius (Elgar), Scheherazade (Rimsky-Korsakov), Symphonic Dances (Rachmaninoff)
- 2009 – 2012 Newcastle Sinfonietta: Symphony No. 3 (Beethoven), Symphony No. 5 (Beethoven), Symphony in D-Minor (Franck), Trumpet Concerto in E Flat (Haydn)
- 2011 The Newcastle Brass Ensemble: Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition (Howarth), Various (Gabrielli)
- Solo Repertoire: Trumpet Concerto in E Flat (Haydn), Concerto for Trumpet (Arutunian), Sonatina (Maxwell-Davies), Quiet City (Copland), Sonata (Flor-Peeters), amongst others…
- 2012 – Present Bon Jazz Big Band: Lead Trumpet
- 2007 – Present Tim & Friends: M.D. and arranger of various ensembles including an 8-piece function band
- 2011 – 2012 Northern Brass Quintet
- 2010 – 2012 Newcastle University Contemporary Music Ensemble
- 2009 – 2012 ‘International Centre for Music Studies’ Brass Ensemble
- 2010 – 2011 TeaStreet: M.D. and arranger of horn-based Funkpop band
- 2010 – 2011 Newcastle University Jazz Orchestra: Lead Trumpet
- 2002 – 2009 John Taylor Jazz Orchestra: Toured in Barcelona and Prague
- 2002 – 2009 John Taylor Brass Group
- 2012 Tim Robinson: Demo CD
- 2007 Derwent Brass: Big Band, Big Screen
- 2003 Melbourne Town Band: Music To Listen To
Notable Performances and Achievements
- 2012 Haydn Trumpet Concerto, Newcastle (Tim Robinson and Newcastle Sinfonietta)
- 2012 Sleepy Surburban Trumpet (Manike Music, Felt Music Library)
- 2011 Elgar’s Dream of Gerontius, The Sage, Gateshead – Hall One (Newcastle University Symphony Orchestra, Newcastle Bach Choir and vocalists Kitty Whately, Robert Murray and Njabulo Madlala)
- 2010 – 2011 Sound ’10 and Sound ’11, The Sage, Gateshead (Soul Stew, TeaStreet)
- 2007 – 2009 Various bursaries (Burton and District Arts Council, Consolidated Charity of Burton upon Trent)
- 2001 – 2009 Leading roles in musicals such as Les Misérables, Oliver! and South Pacific (Burton and District Operatic Society, Little Theatre Company)
- 2007 The Reception of H.R.H. Prince Edward, Brewhouse Arts Centre (solo piano performance)